Hypnosis for Childbirth
Capitalize on the mind-body connection for a faster, easier natural childbirth experience!
Having a natural childbirth is easier when the mother-to-be uses hypnotherapy techniques taught by a certified hypnotherapist prior to the birthing experience.
In other cultures, childbirth is regarded as a natural, normal event in a woman’s life. Birthing women are given support from other women, and children are often present to witness the event. In this way, birth is celebrated and honored. Girls then grow up with the belief system that birth is a positive event, and their expectations of childbirth reflect this attitude. As a result, their births are similar to their predecessors, without pain and fear. They have a positive expectation of childbirth.
In our culture, it is much different. For many generations we have been told that delivering a baby is many hours of painfully agonizing work, to be faced with fear and trepidation. Pain in childbirth is experienced in part because it is expected. Fear in labor can create tension, which creates pain, then more fear, and the cycle continues. Fear and anxiety can also increase adrenaline production in the body, causing labor to become dysfunctional, a common reason for Cesarean Section. Freedom from fear can create a vastly different birthing experience. Imagine going from fear and anxiety riddled with pain to excitement, joy and relaxed anticipation.
Hypnosis is used in medical and dental fields with great success by patients who have life-threatening allergies to anesthetics, allowing them to undergo surgeries with no drugs and no pain. We know therefore that the mind can be trained to experience discomfort as only pressure. Hypnosis for childbirth teaches a woman how to enter into self-hypnosis instantly, and create her own natural anesthesia whenever and wherever she needs it, reducing the need for invasive interventions and drugs. She has total control over her body, and is an active participant in her birthing process. As labor progresses, she relaxes even more, trusting in her body’s natural ability to give birth with ease. Her mind is trained to give her exactly what she needs.
Benefits of Using Hypnosis for childbirth:
- Fewer drugs or no drugs at all means less risk of side effects for mother and baby.
- Shorter birthing time – resistance of the birthing muscles as a response to pain is minimized or eliminated.
- An awake, energized mother, due to total relaxation throughout the birthing process.
- A calm, peaceful birthing environment.
- Fewer interventions and complications during labor.
- Babies who are better sleepers and nursers due to fewer drugs in their systems.
My Personal Experience with Hypnosis for Childbirth
“I used hypnosis for childbirth techniques before and during the birth of my beautiful daughter and gave birth naturally, with less pain, and after only three and a half hours of being admitted to the hospital! The midwife and nurses were shocked at how quickly I gave birth. It was an amazing experience!” ~Dr. Diana Moore
Hypnosis for Childbirth with Dr. Moore
My program is not a canned program given in an impersonal group setting. You can expect personalized attention and care that is catered to your unique needs. Both mother-to-be and father-to-be will meet with me for three sessions over three consecutive weeks during the third trimester. The first session is longest, lasting 1.5 – 2 hours, and the last two sessions last around 30 – 45 minutes each.
What to Expect at Your First Visit
Expect your first visit to be pleasant, informative, and relaxing. It will consist of:
- A discussion of your material health, lifestyle, and concerns.
- A conversation about hypnosis and how it works.
- A discussion of your specific childbirth goals and any perceived obstacles to achieving those goals.
- Development of a series of suggestions together with you, based on information you provide.
- Implementation of those suggestions in a safe, secure and relaxing environment led by me.
- An empowering hypnosis session that is tailored to you and leaves you feeling relaxed and confident!
Each follow-up visit includes a discussion of your emotional status, any concerns about things we have missed in our first meeting, and subsequent additions and/or tweaking of suggestions as a result, plus reinforcement of previous and new suggestions.
Locations in both Yardley and Lahaska!
Contact me with questions and to set up an appointment. I promise you that I will not give you a hard sell speech, because honestly, I am not a very good salesperson! I am interested in helping you achieve your goals and live a life you love!