Diana T. Moore, Ph.D. – Bio
Diana T. Moore, Ph.D. is the director and founder of Starfire Yoga, a yoga studio and wellness center in Hooksett, New Hampshire, that specializes in cultivating creativity in fine art, business, and daily life through in-person and online classes, workshops, and individual consultations. Dr. Moore has been teaching adults since 2001, when she began instructing undergraduate and graduate students as a college professor both in person and online. She is a devoted and passionate teacher and is constantly continuing her education in the arts and holistic health and wellness. In 2000 she earned a master’s degree in library and information science from Drexel University and a Ph.D. in educational technology from Nova Southeastern University in May of 2014. She is an expert in academic research and online learning pedagogy and has lectured nationwide on a variety of academic subjects, including meditation and the mind-body connection.
Dr. Moore brings her academic expertise in learning and pedagogy combined with her down-to-earth, friendly demeanor to her wellness counseling. She is dedicated to helping her clients and students find success in their endeavors with her. Dr. Moore brings to her wellness counseling a unique and well-rounded knowledge-base. She is a certified professional hypnotherapist and a Reiki Master. She has studied shamanic healing and meditation techniques from a variety of nature-based instructors over the last twenty years, and has taught guided meditation and mindfulness techniques for over fifteen years. She is an accomplished dance and yoga instructor, as well as an Ayurveda wellness consultant and certified holistic nutrition coach.
This extensive and well-rounded training combined with her depth of knowledge enables Dr. Moore to successfully help her clients achieve their health and wellness goals with gentle guidance, knowledgable education, and sweet inspiration.
Diana’s creative side manifests as a fine art photographer and young adult fiction writer. She specializes in nature photography, including wildlife and environmental issues. She dabbles in the abstract, has traveled extensively, and enjoys hiking around natural wonders and photographing people, landscapes, and places, in pursuit of compelling images. Originally from Philadelphia, Diana obtained her BA degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, her MS degree from Drexel University, and her PhD from Nova Southeastern. She is currently working on her MFA in creative writing at Cedar Crest College. She is a mother to a teenage son and currently resides in beautiful New Hampshire, where she enjoys reading, hiking, running, writing, kayaking, traveling to new places, learning new things, and inspiring others.
Dr. Diana Moore offers consultations in yoga, meditation, nutrition and Ayurveda in person and online.
- Ph.D., Educational Technology – Nova Southeastern University (2014)
- M.S., Library and Information Science – Drexel University (2000)
- B.A.., History, minor Psychology (Magna Cum Laude) – Indiana University of Pennsylvania (1997)
- Ayurvedic Practitioner — Radiant Living Online School of Ayurveda (In-Progress)
- Plant-Based Nutrition — T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, Cornell University (2017)
- Yoga and Ayurveda Wellness Consultant — American Institute of Vedic Studies with Dr. David Frawley (2017)
- RYT300, Sun Dog Yoga – Yoga Alliance (2016)
- Ashtanga Primary Series Teacher Training, 40 hours – David Swenson (2016)
- Nutrition Coach – Venice Nutrition (2016)
- Ayurveda Yoga Specialist – Himalayan Institute (2016)
- Life Coach – IAP Career College (2016)
- Barre Instructor – Barre Above (2016)
- RYT200, Riverflow Yoga – Yoga Alliance (2015)
- Yoga Fit Level 1 (2014)
- Spinning Instructor – Mad Dogg Athletics (2014)
- Hypnotherapist – National Guild of Hypnotists (2003)
- Reiki Master – Apollo Center for Well-Being (1999)
- Medicinal Plants & Spiritual Evolution Intensive (6 Months) – David Crow (2017-2018)
- Year of Mindfulness Training – Sounds True (2017-2018)
- Kriya Yoga – Self-Realization Fellowship, Paramahansa Yogananda (2016-2018)
- Ashtanga Yoga – Nancy Gilgoff (2017)
- Ayurvedic Aromatherapy (7-week course) – David Crow (2017)
- Ashtanga for the Rest of Your Life – David Williams (2017)
- Classical Pranayama – Dr. Mahesh Mangalick, Patanjali Yoga & Meditation Center (2016)
- Yoga Therapy, Yoga Life Institute (150 Hours, 2016)
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher (14-Hour Training) – Shanthi Project (2016)
- The Art of Teaching Private Yoga – Karen Kenney (2016)
- Moon Salutations, Prana Vinyasa, Meditations for Awakening and Realization – Siva Rhea (2015)
- Yoga Assisting Workshop – Karen Kenney (2015)
- Mat Pilates – AFAA (2015)
- Yoga Lean – Yoga Fit (2014)
- CPR/AED/First Aid (Child & Adult) – (Current)
View my academic CV here.